We use illustration as our primary visual style. It makes us feel different and vibrant, and helps us tell better stories through art. Illustrations are a key part of Skylight’s brand.
Creating new artwork? You should check out our illustration brand guidelines.
When sharing photos, we want to feature real people with real-life stories to tell. Capture a sense of place by showing activities with teammates, customers, and partners.
Facial expressions, clothing, and hair/makeup should look natural (not over-the-top stock).
Every image should tell a story. There are a few tricks we can use to make sure your message comes across to viewers:
- Figure out what you’re trying to say with this photo
- Capture all relevant objects, people, and background
- Focus your image on people in action, facial expressions, and body language
- Consider the composition of your image
- Take a moment to remove any distractions from the scene
We aim to take authentic portraits of people.
Use a shallow depth of field in an outdoor setting.
When possible, set up images to include an element of blue (in clothing or surroundings).
The photo should be edited using a realistic color balance.